Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

My New Year's Style Resolution - Bold Accessories

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope you had a fab time celebrating the end of 2012 and the start of 2013! I am soooo excited about the New Year; graduation is in a couple of weeks, I start my new internship shortly and I've got a few christening and a wedding to look forward later in the year. Although there are lots of exciting things to look forward to, my favourite part of entering a New Year has still got to be New Year Resolutions. As someone who is obsessed with self-reflection and self-assessment, the New Year is the perfect time to self-assess and reflect, work on what you could have done better and continue to do things which were successful.

This kind of self-assessment can totally be applied to your wardrobe too and there is no better time than the start of a New Year with a wardrobe re-assessment and clear out! What worked for you last year? What didn't look so good or didn't suit you? Do you have a look you would like to try out? All these questions (and many more) can really help to mould your personal style while keeping the emphasis on you and not only on trends. It can definitely be difficult to avoid jumping on every trend that comes out regardless of whether or not they are suited to your look, personality, body shape etc...There are always ways to adapt trends to your personal style and a good wardrobe self-assessment can definitely put you in the right mind set to be able to do this. 

Although I won't be able to do a full wardrobe assessment until I get home, I have set myself one cost-effective and much needed New Year's style resolution for 2013: Focus on accessories. In particularly jewellery (minus earrings, of which I already have too many!) which can totally change the mood and styling of an outfit in a minute. I am seriously lacking in necklaces and bracelets, especially coloured ones (I have loads of gold and silver) and will focus my attention on building up a more versatile collection. Any trends that I feel particularly enthusiastic about, I will try to integrate them into my wardrobe through accessories and hopefully save myself much needed money and wardrobe space!

Here are a few things I have my eye on...

Into 2013...

What are your New Year's style resolutions? Let me know!!!
Ciao for now ;-) HMLDN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out The Fashion Meteorologist! I love comments so please comment away! Any excuse for a conversation me...;-) xx