Pages

Thursday 13 December 2012

Capsule Wardrobe 101: 3 Week Beach Holiday

So, in approximately 6 days time (not that I am counting or anything!) I am off to sunny Barbados for 3 weeks! Considering the minus temperatures that London has been experiencing this week, I can't deny that the warmer climate (generally 28º - 32ºc!) is very inviting right now. But, as with any trip, the dilemma of what to pack had me stumped, particularly because after several short trips this year, 3 weeks seems like a life time! However, after spending hours trolling through probably every packing guide/blog post available online as well as capsule wardrobe advice, I came up with the following list...

2 shirts - 1 denim and one black. These can either be warn as they are or over tops/t-shirts like a jacket
4 t-shirts - each in different colours
2 vest tops - including a black one (always essential!)
2 blouses/ dressy tops - these should be able to be worn casually too
2 casual shorts - if your not a shorts person, you can add an extra pair of jeans or skirt
1 maxi dress - as I am tall, maxi dresses tend to be really heavy but if your not then add more!
1 normal dress - this should be able to be worn casual and dressy
1 jumpsuit/playsuit - strapless ones are great for the beach
1 beach dress/cover up - another item that should be versatile
1 maxi skirt - I'm going for a black one but any colour is good really
2 mini skirts - maybe in different styles, I picked a high-low skirt to change it up
1 pair of trousers/jeans/jeggings/chinos - preferably in a neutral colour
1 cardigan - not black as the black shirt serves this purpose
2 bikinis/swimsuits - I'm not really one for bringing lots of bikinis, I just want one to wear when the other is wet!
1 pair of flip flops - for obvious reasons
1 pair of wedges - comfortable and dressy (but also casual :-) )
1 pair of flat sandals - for those days when flip flops won't do
1 pair of trainers/closed-toe shoes - for those rainy days or days when considerable walking is required
1 beach bag - can be doubled up as your travel bag (which is what I am doing)
1 clutch bag - nights out, dinner etc.
1 sun hat - sun and hair...
2 sunglasses - 2 different styles maybe on more fancy?
Tons of accessories - a mixture of gold and silver, versatile things that can be dressed up or down

Minus the accessories and swimwear, below is the above materialised! It should cover activities such as beach time, shopping, lunches/dinners, bars etc. Most of the items I actually own and will be packing...

Winter Sun...


Do you think this will be enough for 3 weeks? Any capsule wardrobe tips? Let me know!!!
Ciao for now ;-) HMLDN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out The Fashion Meteorologist! I love comments so please comment away! Any excuse for a conversation me...;-) xx